(Well at least for me…some of you have to wait until tomorrow)
I love the month of December.
The usual topping were involved: Banana, apple, blueberries, almonds, coconut, ground flax, raisins and cinnamon. Mmmm!
I think most people love December and the holiday season that accompanies it. There is just something extra special about a month that continually brings family together with good food, friends and lots to be thankful for. The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year.
Top 5 reasons why I love December:
1. It’s my birthday on December 12th (I was close to sharing a birthday with Jesus, but my Mom gave birth earlier than expected 🙂 )
2. Reading new Christmas recipes, especially about cookies, cake and chocolate…and longing to have an oven to bake them in.
3. Spending time with family and friends! Wishing my family was not on the other side of the world.
4. Shopping for other people. I love shopping and gift buying is such a good excuse to do this…one for them, one for me!
5. Christmas traditions. I love that familiarity of tradition and how every year it is just as special as the last. Whether it’s eating tourtiere on Christmas Eve, going to the midnight church service, or listening as a family to our favorite Christmas story; it is all held very dear to my heart. Adrian and I will just have to replicate some of these traditions on our own this year…tear 😦
What do you love about December?
Dinner last night was sort of a repeat. I needed to use up my leftover bean and sweet potato mixture, so I decided to stuff it inside an omelette along with some brown rice and spinach.
This, my friends, was a leftover success! I feel so good about myself when I can reinvent my leftovers!
It’s a little chilly today, so I think tonight’s dinner will include some fiery red curry paste to heat things up. Stay tuned.