Good day to you all!
Happy middle of the week.
I had a great day at school today with my kiddies. I taught them how to make pizza. I totally forgot to bring my camera to school today, bummer, so no shots of the fun we had. It’s awesome to be able to teach them something that I love and to show them that food can be made from scratch, that it doesn’t just come from a box. They thought it was delicious; it was a pizza making success!
I have a few things that I want to share today, the first being the things that I am not ashamed to say:
1. I am not ashamed to say that I still sleep with my teddy bear. Meet Pierre.
Yes, I am 26 and am happily married, but have yet to relinquish my teddy bear that I have had since I was born. When Adrian and I were engaged we used to joke that he would throw away Pierre when we got married (out of jealousy I think) but that has yet to happen. Pierre still gets more cuddles then my hubbie at night…that’s partly due to the fact that I like my own space when I sleep.
2. I am not ashamed to say that when I was little I was in love with cheese whiz. I loved cheese whiz with vegetables, on bagels, toast etc. My all-time favorite snack as a wee one was cheese whiz on a raisin bran muffin…how weird is that?
I vividly remember my mother and sister cringing each time I requested to eat this. Rest assured, I know longer have any desire to consume Cheese Whiz in any form!
3. I am not ashamed to say, that if I wasn’t married, I would probably eat cereal 3 times a day. I adore cereal!
I love the selection, the toppings, the flavors, everything! I love cereal! I now limit my cereal consumption to one bowl a day, as I know I have to cook more “real” food for Adrian. I secretly wish that one night when I say “what do you want for dinner hun? he will reply “how about cereal.” Here’s hoping 🙂
4. I am not ashamed to say that the majority of TV shows that I follow are targeted for teens. I remain a die hard fan of shows such as Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Greek, Hellcats, ANTM…the list goes on. Adrian makes fun of me, but I justify my viewing habits by saying that it’s my main guilty pleasure.
5. I am not ashamed to say that sometimes I still go to bed without brushing my teeth or washing my face. What a sin eh? Now that you are thoroughly disgusted by me, I will tell you why. Maybe I am alone in this, but sometimes I am so tired at night that the thought of doing one more task, even for my own personal cleanliness, is too much. It’s not like this happens every night, or I would probably be single; it’s on those rare occasions when I am up way past my bed time. What’s another 8 hours?!
What are you not ashamed to say?
Onto other more food related things; I made the most scrumptious curry last night. I love it when all the flavors and spices of a dish just fall into place. When I cook something I often just hope for a good result, which is most often the case, but this was a great result!
A delicious chickpea, lentil curry with tons of veggies. Served on top of some brown rice and sprinkled with some raisins. If you have not put raisins on your curry before, try it, the sweetness of the raisin paired with the spiciness of the curry is scrumptulicious!
I am really looking forward to the lunch leftovers tomorrow. Curries always taste better then next day.
Have a super day!
And don’t forget to enter my workout video giveaway if you haven’t already, you have until Saturday.